G's Blog

  My name is Gerardo Zertuche I am a first-year student at LBCC I plan on dual enrolling by next year. My major is finance I am still undecided on what career choice I want but I know by the next term I will figure it out. I was born in Oregon and raised in a small town not too far from Albany called Harrisburg I lived in Harrisburg all my life I started kindergarten in Harrisburg And finished high school in Harrisburg. I didn't mind living In a small town it is a quiet, peaceful, and very nice community I met my best friends In my small town, and as of now two of them are at OSU and we plan on moving in together next year. Once they are out of their dorms In the meanwhile we all still get together and hang out, we have been playing pool a lot lately. When I'm not with my friends I like to go to the gym or run but I prefer running a bit more especially long-distance another hobby of mine is hiking in high school I joined a backpacking class.

  
   The class was very fun and exciting we would go on new hiking trails every week and learn how to camp and survive out in the wild during these hikes because our last hike which was a final test was to hike into a canyon and camp for 3 days. The trip was amazing and one of the best hikes I have ever been on It showed the true beauty of being outside and isolated from society and all of its technology. The scenery and sounds were gorgeous the waterfalls, mountains, and the different climate changes that were near each other were insane. In the canyon, there was one side that looked like a desert and the other side was covered in snow the scenery felt unreal. One thing about Oregon is that you'll have natural beauty all around, after the hike I started hiking as a hobby taking friends and family with me.
 

  When I'm not hiking or running I enjoy watching sports or listening to music. The sports that I enjoy watching are MMA, boxing, and football my favorite UFC fighter would have to be Jon Jones the greatest fighter of all time in the sport of MMA. My favorite boxers of all would have to either be Mike Tyson or Julio Cesar Chavez both were very talented and amazing boxers of their weight class with loads of wins and knockouts. Now my favorite football team would have to be the Rams because they are my dad's favorite team but I do enjoy watching the plays and contact in the sport. My favorite type of music would have to be hip-hop and my favorite artists would have to be Kanye West, Michael  Jackson, and Tame Impala.


  Another fact about me is that I like to travel even though I haven't traveled that much I've been to 4 different states California, Idaho, Washington, and Texas out of the four Texas was my favorite because of how big it was and diverse. I also liked the culture it had and I liked how close I was to the rest of my family. The only country I have been to other than the U.S. would be Mexico spent Two weeks in the city where my parents and the rest of my family were from it was an awesome experience as I met new people and connected with family. It felt nice being in a big city since I come from a small town but I did get homesick because I'm not used to big cities and large populations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog